Houston Mesothelioma Lawyers
Standing Up for Mesothelioma Patients & Their Families
Have you or a member of your family been diagnosed with mesothelioma? Another party’s negligence might have indirectly or directly caused this rare form of cancer, as it is in many cases. At Robins Cloud LLP, our team of Houston mesothelioma attorneys focuses on cases, claims, and lawsuits just like yours. We know where to look for evidence that shows a liable party caused your mesothelioma and why that means it should cover all of your damages and losses.
Do not lose another day to hesitation. Call (888) 495-1250 now to learn about starting a mesothelioma lawsuit.
What Causes Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is a rare cancer that mostly affects the lining of the lungs, but it can also form in other organ linings in the body. Currently, the only known cause of mesothelioma is exposure to microscopic asbestos fibers that become embedded in the body. As time goes on, the embedded asbestos damages the surrounding tissues, which increases the risk of cancer cells forming and spreading.
Three of the most common ways people become exposed to asbestos are through:
- Mining industry: Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral that is mined for use in various industries. Miners who work with or around asbestos are at risk of mesothelioma, even when protective equipment is used.
- Construction materials: For decades, asbestos was used in residential construction as insulation. It was banned from this use after its connection to mesothelioma first became known. However, asbestos still remains in many older homes. Furthermore, asbestos-based insulation has not been banned in many forms of commercial construction and industrial manufacturing.
- Talc powder products: In recent years, it has become known that Johnson & Johnson baby powder products that use talc are also commonly contaminated by asbestos fibers. Talc is also a naturally occurring mineral that most often forms deposits alongside asbestos. People who have used talc powder for feminine hygiene, as it has been advertised, are at risk of developing ovarian cancer and certain forms of mesothelioma that affect the genitalia and abdomen.
Types of Mesothelioma
As mentioned, mesothelioma most commonly affects the lungs and respiratory system, but it does have other forms. Understanding what type of mesothelioma that you have been diagnosed with is crucial to building and advancing your mesothelioma claim in a meaningful way. We can work with medical experts and use their testimonies to refine your case and better calculate the damages owed to you.
Three common forms of mesothelioma are:
- Pleural: Mesothelioma that affects the lungs and chest cavity is pleural. It is the most common type of mesothelioma diagnosis by far.
- Peritoneal: If mesothelioma cancer forms in the abdominal cavity, it is peritoneal. This type of mesothelioma can impact multiple digestive organs at once.
- Pericardial: One of the most immediately dangerous forms of mesothelioma is pericardial, which denotes a cancerous growth on the lining of the heart.
Approximately 3,000 people across the country are diagnosed with some form of mesothelioma each year. While all cases are unique, each mesothelioma patient suffers similar or overlapping symptoms to some extent.
People with mesothelioma often exhibit these symptoms of varying severity:
- Chronic fatigue
- Rapid weight loss
- Night sweats
- Complete loss of appetite
- Persistent or recurring fever
- Headaches or migraines
Symptoms usually worsen with time and change depending on the form of mesothelioma in question. For example, pericardial mesothelioma can cause heart damage and failure.
Is Mesothelioma Treatable?
There is no known cure for any form of mesothelioma. It is an aggressive and chronic or terminal cancer in most cases. While it can be slowed through traditional cancer treatments like chemotherapy, it cannot be outright cured.
Mesothelioma’s permanency should not deter you from seeking some form of treatment, though. Many patients experience a regression of cancer that makes it manageable through constant treatment and therapies. The trouble might be affording a lifetime of treatments, which is where it becomes so important to file a powerful civil claim against the party that wrongfully exposed you to asbestos. Our law firm can help you stand up to any liable party, be it a product manufacturer, employer, medical institution, and so on.
Protecting Your Future & Health – Call Now
Please call (888) 495-1250 now to speak with our Houston mesothelioma attorneys right away. The sooner that you can get your case moving, the stronger it will be. Waiting too long can make useful evidence more difficult to find, and it gives the opposition more time to prepare its counterarguments. Take the initiative and explore your legal options today. Because our consultations are free, it costs you nothing to at least hear about what you could do next in pursuit of justice and compensation.
Use this online contact form to arrange a meeting or phone consultation with our firm.