Ian Cloud’s legal career has been spent in the pursuit of justice for mesothelioma patients. Since founding Robins Cloud LLP in 1992, he has made himself a resource for those suffering from ailments related to asbestos exposure. Ian has tried over 100 cases in court and has represented 20,000+ mesothelioma patients in individual and mass tort cases over the course of his career.
He currently sits on the Joint Liaison Committee advising Judge Mark Davidson on the statewide asbestos multidistrict litigation (MDL). He also serves on the W.R. Grace Asbestos Personal Injury Claimants Committee to advocate for his client during the company’s bankruptcy proceedings.
Ian is a Texas native: He attended college at Texas State University and received his J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center. Soon after graduation, he was licensed to practice in Texas state courts and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas. He has stayed involved in the Texas legal community through memberships with the Texas Trial Lawyers Association’ the Houston Trial Lawyers Association; and the American Association for Justice (formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America). Ian served on the Board of Directors for the Houston Trial Lawyers Association from 1995 to 2000.
- Texas, 1992
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, TX – J.D. (1992)
- Texas State University, San Marcos, TX – B.A. (1988)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association Board of Directors (1995-2000)